Community Grants Program
The Office of Multicultural Interests’ Community (OMI) Grants Program (CGP) supports the objectives of the OMI Strategic Plan 2014–2018.
OMI manages four grant categories with a total annual budget of $500,000.
Each grant type has its own application form and guidelines. Please read these carefully before applying.
July to September 2015 Grant Round (NOW OPEN)
CGP application forms are not compatible with Microsoft Word prior to 2007. If you experience difficulty using the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on Friday 25 September 2015 for the following grant categories:
Events and Activities (up to $5000)
Harmony Week events are encouraged to apply in this grant round
Small Projects ($5000–$20,000)
The following types of projects are encouraged:
- projects that connect CaLD communities
- strengthen capacity of CaLD communities
- address issues facing CaLD communities such as young people, seniors and women.
Major Programs ($50,000)
The following types of programs are encouraged:
- English language and education support services
- parenting and family support services
- youth support and skills development programs
- health and wellbeing programs and health promotion strategies.
Please contact the OMI Grants Officer for the application form
Major Community Celebrations (up to $20,000)—available to invited applicants only
Grants are provided for identified celebrations that attract more than 10,000 people.
Please contact the OMI Grants Officer for the application form and guidelines.
Two funding rounds are offered each financial year.
For 2015–16 the funding rounds are:
- July to September 2015
- January to February 2016
Who is eligible?
You can apply if:
- you are a not-for-profit organisation based in WA
- your project or event will start after 1 January 2016
- you are able to meet the criteria in the grant guidelines.
To find out more please contact OMI’s grants team at email@example.com or by calling 6552 1653.
- Auspicing guidelines
- Statement by a supplier
- Sample invoice
- Project Plan template Project Plan example
- Activity Schedule template Activity Schedule example
- Budget template Budget example
- Reach template Reach example
- OMI banner order form
For additional information see the Grant FAQs