Community Grants Program
The Office of Multicultural Interests’ Community (OMI) Grants Program (CGP) supports the objectives of the OMI Strategic Plan 2014–2018.
OMI manages four grant categories with a total annual budget of $500,000.
Each grant type has its own application form and guidelines. Please read these carefully before applying.
January/February 2016 Grant Round
(Opens 4 January 2016)
CGP application forms are not compatible with Microsoft Word before 2007. If you experience difficulty using the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08 6552 1619 for assistance.
Applications must be submitted by 4.00pm on Friday 12 February 2016 for the following grant categories:
Events and Activities (up to $5000)
Small Projects ($5000–$20,000)
OMI encourages applications for projects that:
- connect CaLD communities
- strengthen capacity of CaLD communities
- address issues facing CaLD communities such as young people, seniors and women.
All applicants are encouraged to talk to or meet with the OMI grants team before they begin writing their application. Please contact email@example.com or call 08 6552 1619 to arrange a time.
Next grant round—August/September 2016
The grant round is scheduled to open in August 2016 and close in September 2016 (please check this website for confirmed dates closer to the time) for the following grants:
- Events and Activities (up to $5000)—Harmony Week event applications are encouraged forn this round
- Small Projects ($5000–$20,000)
- Major Programs ($50,000).
To find out more please contact OMI’s grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 08 6552 1619.
Who is eligible?
You can apply if:
- you are a not-for-profit organisation based in WA
- your project or event will start after 1 July 2016
- you are able to meet the criteria in the grant guidelines.
- Event Management Planning Guide
- Auspicing guidelines
- Statement by a supplier
- Sample invoice
- Project Plan template Project Plan example
- Activity Schedule template Activity Schedule example
- Budget template Budget example
- Reach template Reach example
- OMI banner order form
For additional information see the Grant FAQs