Multicultural and educational resources
The following web-based education materials enable primary and secondary school students with their teachers to undertake practical classroom activities that explore and raise awareness of issues related to multiculturalism, human rights, racism, and discrimination. The activities on this site are suitable for upper primary and secondary school students.
Author:Office of Multicultural Interests
Other educational links
- The Voices of Australia Education Module is an educational tool to help combat racism and promote a culture of respect and equality among high school students around Australia has been launched by the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC).
Voices of Australia can be downloaded from – www.humanrights.gov.au/education/voices_of_australia/index.html
- The Impact of Racism upon the Health and Wellbeing of Young Australians 2009 and Building Bridges: Creating a Culture of Diversity, from the Foundation for Young Australians – www.fya.org.au
- Racism No Way – www.racismnoway.com.au
- Go back to where you came from school pack–An education resource to help secondary students understand refugees in Australia – 2013 Go Back School Pack
- Making Multicultural Australia – www.multiculturalaustralia.edu.au
- Reporting Diversity – www.reportingdiversity.org.au
- StepOne provides guidance and practical resources to councils and community groups interested in implementing community harmony initiatives in their local areas – http://www.stepone.org.au/
- The UN cyberschoolbus – The International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination – www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/iderd/
- Foundation House – The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture – www.foundationhouse.org.au/resources/publications_and_resources.htm