Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Translating and Interpreting

​​If you find it hard to communicate in English, the WA Interprete​r Card​ will let government agencies know you need an interpreter and in what language.

The WA Interpreter Card has been developed in accordance with the WA Language Services Policy.

The 'Information for Communities' document below explains how to use the card. To get a WA Interpreter Card, email OMI​ and we will post the card to you.

Scholarships to practicing interpreters

North Metropolitan TAFE (NMTAFE) has advertised three core units of the PSP50916 Diploma in Interpreting (LOTE-English) to commence in Semester 2 2018. The Office of Multicultural Interests (OMI) is offering scholarships to practicing interpreters to improve their professional skills. People who have completed the application process with NMTAFE, attended an interview, and have a letter of acceptance offering a place in the course may apply for a scholarship.

OMI Interpreter Scholarship - Guidelines Application Form Semester 2 2018.docx

Information for Communities

Translated versions are available in: