Housing and tenancy services

Find out about housing information and support services, real estate organisations, and legal services related to housing. 

First Home Owner Grant

The First Home Owner Grant (FHOG) assists first home buyers to buy or build a residential property. Information about the grant can be accessed from the FHOG website.

Public housing

You may be eligible to obtain a low-deposit home loan, a grant to assist you in purchasing your first home or to obtain a bond or rental assistance.

Public housing is available through the Department of Communities—Housing.

The following organisations provide information and assistance with public housing:

Private housing

Private housing is accessed through various entities including real estate agents, online rental websites and private advertisements.


The following organisations provide information about private rentals and service providers assisting with issues related to rental property:


Page reviewed 01 June 2022