The website seeks to assist government, non-government agencies and corporations to better understand WA's population. This will assist with effective decision making and community planning for equitable services that meet the needs of this State's culturally
and linguistically diverse (CaLD) communities.
Search Diversity WA has been built using data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and includes:
- demographic data—age group and gender
- education and work—qualifications, educational institutions attendance, employment status, occupation, weekly personal income, and volunteering by gender
- cultural diversity—ancestry, birthplace, year of arrival, language spoken at home, proficiency in English, religion, and citizenship rates
- households—household size, family composition, dependent children, grandparent families, and household income
- disability and carers—need for assistance, and carers by age group and gender.