Translating and interpreting

​​​If you find it hard to communicate in English, the Western Australian Interprete​r Card​ will let government agencies know you need an interpreter and in what language.

The WA Interpreter Card has been developed in accordance with the WA Language Services Policy.

The 'Information for Communities' document below explains how to use the card. To get a WA Interpreter Card email the Office of Multicultural Interests and we will post the card to you.

The National Interpreter Symbol, displayed on the right, can be downloaded from the Victorian Multicultural Commission's website

Information for communities

Translated versions are available in:

Interpreter symbol
Page reviewed 21 June 2021