Family support services

Access this page to find out about family support services—including for children, young people, women, men and seniors—provided by the Western Australian Government and other organisations. 

The WA Government provides family support services through the following agencies:

The Department of Communities—​Child Protection and Family Support​ provides a range of child safety and family support services to Western Australian individuals, children and their families.

Services Australia delivers social and health-related payments for families.

​More information about family support services can be accessed from the following list:

CaLD service organisations

Organisations specifically established to provide support and deliver services and programs to the culturally and linguistically diverse community

Childcare and playgroups

Information regarding childcare and playgroups is available at the Australian Childcare Index.

More information on childcare can be accessed from the following organisations:

Men’s services

Information, referral and counselling services for men is available from the following organisations:

Respite, aged care and home and community care

More information about home and community care and related services can be obtained from the following organisations:

Seniors services

Information about health and wellbeing for seniors can be accessed from the Seniors WA website. 

The Grandcarers Support Scheme provides financial support to grandparents taking on informal full-time parenting responsibilities of their grandchildren.

WA Police provides information and support to families and carers in relation to Seniors and elder abuse.

The following list provides information related to services for seniors:

Women’s services

Family and domestic violence towards another person is illegal. This may include violence within the home, marriage or between partners.

In Australia, children are protected by law from violence and abuse within the home and whilst at school.

Violence may include physical abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse or a combination of these.

The following links provide information about services available for women, children and men experiencing family or domestic violence:

Women's Domestic Violence HelplineDepartment for Child Protection and Family Support
Telephone 61 8 9223 1188
Telephone 1800 007 339 

Department for Child Protection and Family Support
Telephone 61 8 9222 2555 
Telephone 1800 622 258

1800Respect—Support Services List
Telephone 1800 737 732

Domestic Violence Unit—Legal Aid
Telephone 1300 650 579

Women's Council for Domestic and Family Violence Services
Telephone 61 8 9420 7264

More information on women’s and family domestic violence services is available from the following organisations:

Youth services

The following youth services are provided by community organisations:

AccommodationYouth Futures WA
Telephone 61 8 9300 2677

The following list provides more information related to youth services:

Page reviewed 27 November 2020