Western Australians can now celebrate the outstanding people and organisations who are contributing to cultural diversity and multiculturalism in the State by nominating them in the WA Multicultural Awards 2024!
The annual WA Multicultural Awards are an important opportunity to celebrate and recognise the significant role Western Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds play in creating a vibrant and successful society.
The awards also recognise individuals and organisations that promote multiculturalism and support Western Australians from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Twelve awards will be presented in 10 categories:
1. Outstanding Individual Achievement
2. Youth Award
3. Community Service and Support —CaLD Community Association
4. Community Service and Support —Community Service Organisation
5. Community Service and Support —General Community Service Organisation
6. Local Government
8. Premier's Public Sector
10. Sportsperson of the Year
11. Laksiri Jayasuriya Lifetime Community Service
12. Sir Ronald Wilson Leadership
Previous winners of the WA Multicultural Awards include Olympian Peter Bol, star netballer Sunday Aryang and renowned visual artist Abdul Abdullah.
Administered by the Office of Multicultural Interests, the awards will be presented at a gala ceremony on Thursday, 14 March 2024 to mark the start of Harmony Week 2024.
Nominations close at 11:59pm Sunday, 17 December 2023.
More information about the awards and the online nomination form are available here